Whether you’re rooting for the Chiefs or 49ers, you’ll probably want to root for one of them to score a safety during Super Bowl LIV on February 2, 2020. During what the Swedish automaker is calling “Volvo Safety Sunday”, if one team scores a safety during the game, random contest entrants will become winners.
According to Volvo, “A safety is a relatively rare and unpredictable scoring play in football that occurs when an offensive team is tackled, loses or fumbles the ball, or commits a penalty in their own end zone. The result of the play is two points to the defensive team, who receives possession of the ball via a free kick/
The campaign celebrate more than one million lives saved by Volvo safety innovations. The automaker has a number of safety innovations under their belt:
- 1972: First rearward-facing child safety seat concept
- 1991: Side-Impact Protection System (SIPS)
- 1998: Whiplash Protection System (WHIPS)
- 1998: Inflatable Curtain airbags
- 2002: Roll-Over Protection System (ROPS)
- 2003: Blind Spot Information System (BLIS)
- 2008: City Safety collision sensing system
- 2010: Pedestrian Detection with Full Auto Brake
- 2013: Cyclist Detection
- 2014: Run-off Road Protection
- 2016: Connected Safety (Slippery Road Alert, Hazard Light Alert)
- 2019: E.V.A (Equal Vehicles for All) Initiative and data sharing
To get entered to win, visit VolvoSafetySunday.com and design your own Volvo car. Submit a unique configuration code as an entry between January 20, 2020 and just before kickoff on February 2, 2020 to be registered.
Entrants can choose one of any 2020 Volvo models currently available in the U.S., in any trim and color.
Full rules, terms and conditions can be found at volvosafetysunday.com. a pledge to give away $1 million in cars if a safety occurs during football’s biggest night on February 2, 2020.